Thursday, January 12, 2017

January is International Creativity Month

Yesterday when I started this new blog I was looking for fun and weird holidays to talk about on my blog. And I found out that the whole month of January is dedicated to be celebrated as International Creativity Month. That sounds like fun to me!

I consider myself to be a creative person but due to a busy life I find myself to have a bit of a creative blockage sometimes.



On the official creativity month website they have this to say:

For one month each year the world celebrates International Creativity Month - a month to remind individuals and organizations around the globe to capitalize on the power of creativity.

Unleashing creativity is vital for the personal and business success in this age of accelerating change.

January, the first month of the year, provides an opportunity to take a fresh approach to problem-solving and renew confidence in our creative capabilities.

International Creativity Month was founded by Randall Munson and is celebrated around the world annually in the month of January.

Take advantage of International Creativity Month to refocus your attention to creatively improve your business and personal activities.



So how am I going to celebrate International Creativity Month?!

I have set myself a 365 day creativity challenge called Earrings365! And what better time to begin than January. I got this idea from the website Make Something 365 & Get Unstuck.

The basic idea is to do something creative everyday. And my personal challenge is going to be to make a new pair of earrings everyday for a period of 365 days and show them on this blog!

Tomorrow Friday, 13th of  January 2017 I will start this challenge and hopefully I can keep going until Saturday, 13th of January 2018.

So 2017 is the Year of Creativity for me!


I wish you all a Happy International Creativity Month!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...